If one member of the team is not 100%, the entire team is not 100%.
We are a 501(c)3, Michigan non-profit with the mission of restoring stressed and burned-out people to vibrancy by equipping them with tools and strategies to help them feel better fast.
Our team of stress professionals work with individuals and teams in high-stress community occupations or leadership positions to help them break the stress-burnout- illness - turnover cycle.
We believe staff who possess the skills to regulate and maintain emotional vitality bring their best selves to their positions of service.
- Stronger relationships with coworkers and community
- Create feelings of safety in the workplace & community
- Engage to foster belonging and connection
- Decrease the potential for burnout – illness – turnover
- Sustained challenge or stress affects our health, behavior, and performance.
- 40% of job turnover is due to stress
- 75-90% of physician visits are related to stress.
- Job stress is the source of more health complaints than financial or family problems.
- Job stress is estimated to cost American companies more than $300 billion a year in health costs, absenteeism, and poor performance.
Healthcare expenditures are nearly 50% greater for workers who report high levels of stress.
- The stress burden leads to depression, heart disease, loss of life and suicide rates.
- We help your team put more gas in their tank with less wear and tear on their engine.
- Create a culture where mental wellbeing is strengthened, valued, and encouraged.
- Realtime in the moment skills that become habits.
Sources: University of Mass – Lowell (2021), Hoel, H., Sparks, K., & Cooper, C. (2001). The cost of Violence/Stress at work and the benefits of a violence/stress-free working environment. International Labour Organisation. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Stress At Work Booklet. Publication No. 99-101
"Being a Medic had been a wonderful job, but after a few years I found myself, always in fight or flight mode. My anxiety was sky high; I wasn’t sleeping. My eating patterns were out of sync. But working with Barb allowed me calm down. It reduced my anxiety and stress level, I was able to sleep again, and it also made me much more resilient to the possible stressful situations at work."