If one member of the team is not 100%, the entire team is not 100%.
We are a 501(c)3, Michigan non-profit with the mission of preventing stress related illness and burnout in high-stress occupations, breaking the stress-burnout- illness - turnover cycle. Additionally, we restore stressed and burned-out people to vibrancy by equipping them with tools and strategies to help them feel better fast.
We believe staff who possess the skills to regulate and maintain emotional vitality bring their best selves to their positions of service.
- Stronger relationships with coworkers and community
- Create feelings of safety in the workplace & community
- Engage to foster belonging and connection
- Decrease the potential for burnout – illness – turnover
- Sustained challenge or stress affects our health, behavior, and performance.
- 40% of job turnover is due to stress
- 75-90% of physician visits are related to stress.
- Job stress is the source of more health complaints than financial or family problems.
- Job stress is estimated to cost American companies more than $300 billion a year in health costs, absenteeism, and poor performance.
Healthcare expenditures are nearly 50% greater for workers who report high levels of stress.
- The stress burden leads to depression, heart disease, loss of life and suicide rates.
- We help your team put more gas in their tank with less wear and tear on their engine.
- Create a culture where mental wellbeing is strengthened, valued, and encouraged.
- Realtime in the moment skills that become habits.
Sources: University of Mass – Lowell (2021), Hoel, H., Sparks, K., & Cooper, C. (2001). The cost of Violence/Stress at work and the benefits of a violence/stress-free working environment. International Labour Organisation. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Stress At Work Booklet. Publication No. 99-101
"Being a Medic had been a wonderful job, but after a few years I found myself, always in fight or flight mode. My anxiety was sky high; I wasn’t sleeping. My eating patterns were out of sync. But working with Barb allowed me calm down. It reduced my anxiety and stress level, I was able to sleep again, and it also made me much more resilient to the possible stressful situations at work."